Lettuce make your holiday kitchen merry and bright with a brand new KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer in the color of your choice, plus $100 to spend at Greenling.com! We are celebrating the holiday baking season with a KitchenAid Giveaway. There are so many easy ways to enter — spread the word about Greenling on social media or participate in our Books 4 Kids holiday book drive for double your chance to win! Visit our blog to enter!
Founded by a farmer over 70 years ago, Heifer International is one of our favorite international aid organizations. The way Heifer International works is awesome. Instead of just giving families in need a handout, they work deeply with these communities to “teach them to fish” and build sustainable revenue streams.
They start by partnering with families in historically impoverished communities. Heifer provides training, and animals that generate both food and reliable income. The families put in the work to farm and sell their goods. In turn, they also give the animals’ offspring to neighbors. Heifer International keeps the cycle going with additional training and support, and eventually an entire community is transformed through sustainable agriculture. This income helps build schools, infrastructure, and ensures families have sustainably produced, healthy food. Win-win-win!
We think the Heifer Project is amazing. (If that’s not enough, check out what Alton Brown has to say about them!) You can learn more about Heifer International at their website, and if you’re so inclined, add a $5 donation to the organization to your next Greenling order. They’re just one of the nonprofit organizations we support together all year long.
We are excited to announce our first-ever holiday book drive! Starting this week, Greenling drivers will be collecting children’s books in all of our delivery areas to benefit local children’s hospitals. Giving books is easy– just leave them in your green bin next time you’re expecting a delivery. Our friendly drivers will pick up the books along with your bin, and later in the season we will take all the books to area children’s hospitals! If you don’t have an order on the way and still want to give to the book drive, call our customer service team at 512-440-8449 to schedule a pick-up.
We will be picking up children’s books for the entire month, so raid those bookshelves for like-new books, or grab a few new books while you’re out and about this weekend. The hospitals have requested books in new or like-new condition, since well-loved and heavily used books might carry germs.
Be sure to tell your friends across Texas– Greenling customers in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston are invited to participate! Customers in Austin and San Antonio will be supporting Dell Children’s Hospital Library. Dallas Fort Worth books will be donated to Chilren’s Medical Center Library, and books collected in Houston will go to Texas Children’s Hospital.
Customers who participate in the book drive will receive 10 entries towards Greenling’s KitchenAid Holiday Giveaway. Our driver will leave a doorhanger at participating homes with a special passcode for the giveaway, which customers can enter below. Our goal is to collect as many books as possible to bring a little joy to the reading rooms at the hospitals this holiday season. Thanks in advance for all your help towards this worthy cause!
Pssst… Can you keep a secret? We can’t, so we’re sharing our Black Friday sale with you! Friday, November 29th, we will be offering a super sweet savings on Greenling Gift Cards. Getting this special deal is so much easier than waiting in line at the mall, and eco-friendly, too!
For every $100 of Greenling gift cards you give that day, we’ll send you a $20 gift card back! For every $50 of Greenling gift cards you give, we’ll send you a $10 gift card back! That means you can send your friends the gift of Greenling delivery, and get your own gift cards to buy healthy and delicious food for your family, too!
We’ll include a link to buy the gift cards in next Friday’s newsletter. This special savings is available only for gift cards purchased Friday, November 29th. We’re not offering any refunds from this special deal, and the cards are not redeemable for cash. Other than that, there are no string (beans) attached! Just some sweet savings for our sweet customers.
Ready or not, Thanksgiving is just four days away. That means the grocery store will be 100% crazy, with traffic jams, turkey haggling, and that horrible feeling when you have to push a cold, wet cart all the way in from the edge of the parking lot. Skip all that and relax! We’ve got you covered with Thanksgiving shortcuts you’d never find at the supermarket. Best part? We’ll bring them right to you with free delivery!
1. Meal Kits – there’s so much to prepare for the Big Dinner. Cut yourself some slack the rest of the week and enjoy a few Meal Kits for suppers. These super easy kits arrive with all the ingredients prepped and portioned, and the instructions are easy enough for teens or a partner to follow independently. You can handle Thanksgiving prep while they cook an a homemade meal with all local or organic ingredients!
2. Organic and Local Thanksgiving Side Kits & Kitchen Starters – Our prep kitchen has your back with a lineup of holiday sides and kitchen starters for Turkey Day. Raw, prepped ingredients like cubed butternut squash or chopped onions are huge time savers for your own recipes, plus they’re organic. If you’d like even more help, try one of our classic holiday side kits instead. These include all the prepped, portioned organic and local ingredients you need along with simple instructions.
3. Local Bakery Standouts - Our local bakeries deliver to Greenling on the same day your order is packed, so your breads and dinner rolls will be even fresher from Greenling than the ones you could buy this weekend at the supermarket. We have a huge selection of pies and other desserts from local bakeries, including vegan and gluten-free choices.
Greenling is an online grocery store specializing in home delivery of local and certified-organic food. We buy directly from the same local, sustainable farmers you’d see at the farmer’s market, and we also offer a full grocery store selection of local and certified organic goods. Along with fresh produce, you can order dairy, grass-fed meats, dry goods and more- and they’ll be delivered to your doorstep for FREE!
Have a Question?
Browse by Ingredient
- The Local Box is Pretty in Purple! | Greenling Dallas on Pear and Chocolate Turnovers with Toasted Hazelnuts
- 17 Must-Try Butternut Squash Recipes For Fall - EcoSalon | Conscious Culture and Fashion : EcoSalon | Conscious Culture and Fashion on Savory Butternut Squash Fritters
- A Dill-icious Roundup of Local Box Recipes! | Greenling DFW on Spicy Sweet Potato Hash With Persimmons And Winter Greens
- Jujube Jammin' with the Local Box! on Ports, Peps & Pops
- Chip, Chip Hooray - It's Kalegating Season!|Greenling Austin| San Antonio on We've Got A Beef With Factory Farms