While my two oldest kiddos were at school today, my youngest daughter and I enjoyed these delicious, stuffed avocados for brunch! This was my first time cooking with Greenling’s local eggs, and they are yummy!
You can prep the egg mixture the night before, allowing it to chill, and then fill the avacados just before serving! (Although I was all about instant gratification, and it worked just fine!)
2 local eggs, hardboiled (There’s nothing like local, fresh eggs. Mmm!)
1/4 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese (local, of course!)
1 poblano pepper, finely chopped (you can also use hot peppers, green bell pepper, or red bell pepper)
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove elephant garlic, minced
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. black pepper
1 T. rice vinegar
1 T. olive oil
1. Combine the finely chopped pepper and onion, minced garlic, rice vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a med. sized bowl.
2. Mash the eggs with a potato masher and then combine with the pepper mixture. (Mashing is much faster than chopping the eggs, and I like how the flavors of the egg yoke and white are more evenly distributed this way! I just couldn’t bring myself to call these ‘Mashed Egg Stuffed Avocados’ )
3. Cut the avacado in half, remove seed, and score.
4. Scoop out avocado cubes with a spoon and gently toss with egg mixture.
5. Fill avacados with egg mixture.
6. Serve with fresh tomato slices if you have some on hand!