Eight years! Can you believe that’s how long we’ve been delivering local and organic goodness to Central Texas? Thanks to your support and the hard work of our farmer heroes, 2012 was our best year yet!
Just for fun, we did a little veggie math so that you can see what a tremendous impact you are making on the local food system. Without further ado, “lettuce” wrap-up 2012:
- 165 different local farms and food producers provided the local goodness we delivered this year
- 22,897 Local Boxes were delivered- that’s 200,000+ poundsof local produce on Central Texas tables this year
- If we were to stack the green bins those Local Boxes were delivered in, they would be 70 times taller than the Texas State Capitol Building
- 31,843 meals were made ridiculously easy and with all local and organic ingredients from our Recipe Kits and Grab & Go items
- When you chose Greenling recipe kits over idling the car at the drive through, you prevented 19,335 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions. (Not to mention the other kind of toxic emissions that fast food can cause)
- 11,015 local avocados were delivered to you this year
- We estimate that because all of our local growers use sustainable methods, they collectively kept 304,735 pounds of pesticides OFF of our soil and food this year
- Hundreds of thousands of ladybugs were fed through organic pest control methods
- Since you ‘lettuce’ deliver your groceries in our fuel-efficient & sustainably routed trucks, over 17,000 gallons of gas were saved on trips to the store
- We mustard countless food puns at Greenling headquarters this year (only the best ones make it public, you know)
It was a great year and we know 2013 will be even better for local food in Central Texas. Thanks from the bottom of our artichoke hearts for all of your support!